The Path Towards A Shaved Look
Say goodbye to your stubble.
BY Michael Stefanov | Feb 1, 2017 | Grooming
Like all formerly cool, counterintuitive trends, beards have become proverbial. A bold change of direction for the new year might be in order for you. If your face has not seen sunlight in several months or years, here is a guide to reacquaint you with facial grooming.
- You can’t chop all that fuzz with a razor blade. First, use an electric razor to remove the greater part of your beard. Our favourite at the moment is the small yet surprisingly powerful Philips Norelco OneBlade, which comes equipped with three switchable guides. It can tackle the first few centimetres with ease and take you right down to a three-day stubble. Best part: it functions as a daily shaver.
- Next, try the Art of Shaving’s preshave oil, which will soften the rest of your beard and prepare the follicles for shaving.
- Since any old shaving cream simply will not do, try Malin + Goetz’s, which uses both vitamin E and shea butter to soften your skin.
- Follow with Lab Series Razor Burn Relief Ultra to instantly soothe irritation and redness.
- And don’t forget to moisturise. Aesop’s lightly scented postshave lotion absorbs rapidly to rehydrate the skin.