Deleting This App From Your iPhone Will Double Your Battery Life
Could you do it, though?
BY Editors | Jun 1, 2017 | Technology
Not content with simply being a drain on your social life (u ok hun?) it turns out that Facebook isn't doing too many favours for your phone's battery life, either.
Delving a little deeper into why his iPhone 7's battery was dying so quickly on a daily basis, Inc.com mobile economist John Koetsier recently discovered that by deleting FB he could almost double his phone's battery life.
A first-world problem we've all had to grapple with - along with that brunch spot constantly running out of three seed sourdough - the reason for Facebook's monopoly on battery life is apparently down to its wide range of features all running simultaneously.
As soon as you open the app, features like device location, live videos, notifications, contacts, statistics, and custom camera all start up, which explains why the app's megabytes have increased 10 times from several years ago.
In terms of solutions, the article suggests the following:
1. Turn off video autoplay
2. Turn off location settings for Facebook
3. Turn off Background App Refresh
4. Turn off notifications for Facebook
5. Don't engage in long Facebook browsing sessions (bit obvious)
6. Completely quit the app when finished
7. Turn down screen brightness
8. In addition, if you have poor Wi-Fi, this can drain your battery significantly faster than normal for all activities, including Facebook usage
9. Finally, if you're feeling like an off-grid renegade, you could even delete the whole thing.
But then how are you going to know when that person you never liked from school's birthday is? Or watch funny dog videos?
What about the dog videos?
From: Esquire UK